Thursday, April 5, 2012

Roll Tribe!

Blog 1

Chris Brogan asks me: "Just what the heck are you doing with that blog, mister?"

"Come on, Adrian. Get it together."
And I say, "You know what, Chris Brogan? I wanna be heard. I want to see the laughter and hear the tears of my audience as they read about my life. More importantly, I want to stand out from everyone else on the World Wide Web so that when somebody scans over my internet presence known as Dead Parrot's Society (so silly) they walk away thinking, "That kid doesn't have a life, but I think he's pretty neat. I would hire him for my multinational company."

So what's the relationship between what I want from my blog and my goals? Let's take another look at my goals.
Some goals for me by the end of this quarter:
-Maintain a sexy-lookin' blog.
-Make my online profiles more private and clean.
-Learn how to manage multiple accounts.

(Before we continue, I want you to know that I'm not a shallow person. I like blogs of all shapes and sizes. But personally, I love a good sense of design.)

What makes a blog look good?

Hey hey hey, I didn't say I was the king of design and my blog is the hottest block of text on campus, but it's a work in progress. Like MCK once told me, 
"Font and color are fun to play with, 
but make sure your readers can actually read your posts.
 You can have a creative flair if you want, but do it appropriately."
-MCK
So there's a start to spicing up that blog of yours. Or how about Google's different gadgets? I've added Twitter gadget to my profile, so you can see what I'm saying when I'm not necessarily sitting at a computer, but when I'm on the go. I've also added a Google+ +1 button to the bottom of this page so that all my G+ homies can get Dead Parrots Society to go viral. Please click it if you have G+!!!!

Another goal of mine is to clean up my profiles, so I'm going to try not to ****** swear, and keep the nudity to a minimum.
No swearing?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I got a shout out. Nicely done Adrian. I think you're well on your way to reaching these goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian, I love the way you write in your posts! Your personality really does show through, which can be really hard to do through typing. Using a sense of humor is great and makes it fun to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete