Thursday, April 5, 2012

TWITTER PLUS

Blog 2

Tweet Tweet. Tweet Tweet. Man, isn't Twitter such an awesome social networking site?
Here's mine:
 Now there's a lot of things I love about Twitter.
1. I use Twitter mainly because it is a short-form way of getting information and social statuses from my friends. It's also a way to communicate to people on a certain level.
2. It's functional for my use because it's easily accessible on my phone, which is the device I use 24 hours of the 24 hour day. I like the simplicity of the 140 char limit, but sometimes people say the most mindless things that I could care less about.
3. I would add a better video feature, where you could watch linked videos on a video player right in the middle of the tweet. I think most devices are capable of this and it would make watching videos that friends tweet much easier.
4. One thing I dislike about Twitter is the heavy promotion. I realize it's a free service, but the adverts are more intrusive than on "It that shall not be named" (facebook). Also, Trending Topics used to be a great feature of this social site, but now it's gone to rubbish.
5. Although Trending Topics have gone down the crapper, it still represents a very collaborative feature of Twitter. In order to get a Trending Topic to the face page of Twitter, it needs to be tweeted by literally MILLIONS of people. That means that MILLIONS of people have to be tweeting (talking) about the same thing, or idea, or place or whatever. I think that's incredible. When I see a Trending Topic worldwide, I know that it must be near global news headline status.

Now let's talk about Google+....


  This is my Google+ page. It's alright. I kinda, sorta use it. I maybe have 20 friends that I'm connected to right now, compared to my 700 on Facebook, but I still like it better.

Here are some reasons why I don't use G+ as frequently:
1. I don't use it as frequently as Twitter because my friends are not on Google+ that much. They all joined and then never logged on again. Even though everyone who is accessing their Gmail account is also logged into G+, they don't bother talking or even posting anything.
2. I think G+ is different from Facebook because it integrates many more features in it that Facebook didn't (until they saw Google add a feature, then they added the same one). Plus, (haha) Google owns Gmail, Youtube, Calendar, Images, News and pretty much everything that people on Facebook post. All of those aspects are integrated wonderfully into G+
3. The site is doing everything perfectly, it's just a matter of getting people in my "social circle" to be more active on the site. Google made many changes in the beta stages. In fact I was a beta user and suggested some changes. They run the social network perfectly, it's just a matter of popularity.
4. I'm not done-zo with this bad boy, oh no. In fact, I hold a fairly strong belief that Facebook will crash and burn eventually after it's IPO and everyone will come running back to G+ and all of its glory.

2 comments:

  1. i really like the way your blog is set up! it's very aesthetically pleasing. I also like that you have a lot to say that is actually relevant to the topic being discussed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian,
    you are a very thoughtful and informative blogger. The relative pictures also help to bring your point full circle. Oh, whats the Dead Parrot Society?

    AO

    ReplyDelete