Monday, May 14, 2012

USE THE FORCE, LUKE!

The TED Talk Tan Le, which demonstrates the newest brainwave monitor technology that fits on your head, absolutely blew me away.

In fact, I caught myself trying to accomplish what the demonstrators were trying to accomplish in the video by using my super concentrated brain power. I think it's a fascinating advancement in technology and it has definitely come a long way from the first brainwave headgear decades ago.

I think that this technology can either hinder or assist our human connection, depending on how it's implemented into our society. If we choose to implement it into communication, we can speak and interact with others more easily. This is a double edged sword though, as actual physical interaction would hinder, possibly leading to a less communicative society. 

This means that society needs to be informed on the importance of social interaction and collaboration, because sooner or later this technology will encourage introverted activity requiring little or no effort. How will this technology bring our civilization down??

TWEETING FROM THE BRAIN!

People will be able to compose tweets in their head and send them up to 200 times a day. This alone will end our world. I mean come on, think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment